Carnival and Midway
Does it cost anything for carnival rides?
While entry to the festival is free, there is a nominal fee for carnival rides. Learn more about carnival ride costs on the Carnival & Midway page.
Can I refund any unused tickets?
Can I reuse my unlimited ride wristband?
What times are bands performing on the Main Stage?
A complete schedule of entertainment can be found here.
Are the concerts free?
How can I get my band to perform at Heritage & Freedom Fest?
Will there be fireworks at Heritage & Freedom Fest?
How close can I be to the fireworks?
Can I watch the display from Westhoff Park?
How much does it cost to enter the Heritage & Freedom Fest?
Are the concerts free?
What are the hours of the festival?
Can I bring my pet to the festival?
What do I do if I feel overheated or light-headed?
Do you offer recycling at the festival?
Is there a list of things that cannot be brought on festival grounds?
Can I bring a cooler to the festival?
What is the cost of activities in the Kids' Zone?
What is there to do in the Kids' Zone?
There is plenty to do for kids of all ages. Activities include inflatables, giant tricycles and more!
What time is the Kids' Zone open?
Who do I contact regarding a news story?
When is the parade being held?
What happen if it rains?
What is the route of the parade?
How early do I need to arrive to get a good view?
Who hosts the parade?
Is the parade going to be on TV?
Can I bring my dog to the parade?
Are there going to be fireworks at the parade?
How do I get involved?
General parade rules and regulations
- Creativity is highly encouraged for all parade entries.
- Bonus points are awarded for a)following theme b)music c)mechanical movement.
- Entries with live animals must take care of all animal waste before, during and after parade.
- Improper use of the American Flag will not be permitted.
- No water guns or confetti cannons will be allowed.
- Decorate entries using only fire resistant or flame retardant material.
- Towed floats must replenish candy behind the float or on the side of truck bed.
- Candy should be in pre-wrapped and self-contained packages.
- One support vehicle may be included per entry and decorated – must be listed on the application.
- The use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No entry may sell merchandise along parade route.
- If your float breaks down during the parade, move aside as soon as possible.
- Line-up requests will be considered, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Disputes may be presented to the Festival Manager for clarification during the parade.
- The Heritage and Freedom Fest parade is part of a community-wide celebration in a family-oriented environment. It is not a public forum for debate of civic issues or public policy. The Festival office reserves the right to reject any entry that is inappropriate or at odds with the characteristics of the event.
- Children under the age of eight (8) are not recommended to ride bikes in the parade and should only ride on floats or vehicles under adult supervision.
- Do not throw candy from the float.
- Bike riders must adhere to state law regarding helmets.
- Bring enough water for walkers to last through the parade.
- It is mandatory to have 4 wheel walkers per float.
- Keep 30 ft. distance between parade entries!
HANDING OUT FIREWORKS IS PROHIBITED.
Where can I get a parade application?
Once available, a link to the online application can be found at the top of the Parade page.
What is the deadline for submitting an application?
Are there published rules for parade entries?
Can I still get in the parade this year if I miss the deadline?
When and where are parade meetings held?
What are the rules for floats?
- Float Dimensions: Max 60 feet in OVERALL length, 14 feet in width or height, including tow vehicles.
- Any entry with a flatbed float or being towed must be fully skirted on 3 sides (two sides and back) for visual appeal.
- Entries must carry a fire extinguisher-at least 2-A, 10-B:C rating accessible to the operator.
- Floats must have hand holds for float riders.
- Floats must have at least four (4) wheel walkers, one wheel walker on each side of float and one wheel walker on each side of vehicle.
Where will my entry be in the parade?
I am a participant in the parade. Can I park my car in the parade lineup area?
What are the rules regarding signage?
- One banner or sign must be carried or displayed in front of all judged entries.
- Banner size requirements: minimum 2 ft. x 2 ft. Maximum of 3 ft. x 25 ft.
- Banner carriers must be capable of keeping the parade pace.
- Signs cannot exceed 2 ft. x 4 ft.
- No “For Sale” signs may be displayed by entries.
Where can I drop off people who will be participating in the parade?
Can my dog walk in the parade with my entry?
I have questions regarding my application, who do I contact?
What do I need to know on parade day?
- Line up begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Check-in locations will be at each section.
- A parade coordinator will assign you a number and direct you to your line up area.
- All participants must be in place by 8:30 a.m.
- Designate a meeting place for your group for those being dropped off.
- No parking provided at the line up area or along the parade route.
- The entry described on your application is the only entry allowed into the parade.
- All entries must maintain their speed and position throughout the parade.
If I have a motorized entry, are there special rules?
- All vehicles must be completely restored. Vehicles with missing parts or unfinished paint jobs are not permitted.
- Motorized vehicles must be operated by a licensed driver with liability insurance.
What are the rules for commercial and political entries
- Please see application for fees and deadlines.
- Commercial entries are eligible for judging.
- May be sponsored by an individual business or business in a mutual association.
- Commercial entries must decorate toward the parade theme. Commercial vehicles must be decorated more than 75% or will not be permitted event day.
- Entries must adhere to general float requirements.
- A logo or business name may be displayed but float must be further decorated.
- Floats should not be used primarily for advertising purposes.
- Political candidates must decorate their entry.
- Magnets and signs are not accepted as decoration.
What are the rules for walking units
- For multiple entries within a single organization: list the order they will appear on the application. (Schools with cheerleaders, drum majors, band, drill team.)
- Walkers with children must have a minimum of four (4) adults.
- Performances must be in a forward motion and/or marching routine.
- STOPPING TO PERFORM FOR JUDGES OR TV WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
- Any action delaying the progress of the parade or creating large gaps are prohibited.
Where do I park?
Premium parking ($10) is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the CarShield Field west parking lot.
Free, general parking is available at Fort Zumwalt North High School and Christian High School (both on Tom Ginnever Ave.)
Accessible (ADA) parking is available only at Westhoff Park. Free shuttles will transport patrons to the festival entrance.
What is Premium Parking?
Will there be transportation from the General Parking lots?