Our goal is to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone who comes to the Festival.
- Accessible (ADA) Parking for the Festival is in Westhoff Park.
- Shuttles will transport patrons at the ADA-accessible parking lot to the festival entrance.
- All individuals using manual or power wheelchairs or scooters, and manually-powered mobility aids such as walkers, crutches, and canes, are welcome in all areas where members of the public are allowed to go.
- Authorization for the use of a less-traditional mobility device on Festival Grounds can be received at the Main Entrance to the Festival. (see details below)
Festival Rules and related American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) exceptions to these rules.
1. No Pets
- Trained Service Animals are allowed, when accompanied by the individual they have been trained to serve.
- What you can expect when interacting with Festival Personnel.
- If the task your service animal performs is obvious you will not be approached or asked any questions.
- If the task your service animal is trained to do is not obvious, we will ask you;
- “What task your animal is trained to do?”
- “Is this animal required because of a disability?”
2. Only Pedestrian Traffic is allowed within the Festival Grounds, in other words no motorized vehicles may be operated within the Festival Grounds.
- All traditional mobility devices are allowed on Festival Grounds.
- A person with a “mobility disability”, who has chosen to use a less-traditional mobility device. (This includes but is not limited to golf carts & Segways. Within the ADA law these mobility devices are called, "other power-driven mobility device" or OPDMD).
Festival policies on the use of OPDMDs
- Your OPDMD must be authorized for use within the Festival Grounds.
- ATV’s will not be permitted.
- These mobility devices will not be authorized for entry into the festival after 5 p.m.
- Mobility devices may not exceed the current speed of pedestrian traffic.
- If festival personnel determines that you are NOT using a motorized device due to a disability, the device will not be allowed access onto the festival grounds at any time during the festival.
Festival Authorization for OPDMDs
- You will be asked to show your “valid”, State-issued disability parking placard or card or a State-issued proof of disability. On a case by case basis - verbal assurance that you are using OPDMD because of a mobility disability will be accepted.
- OPDMDS can be obtained at the Police Command Center located on the south end of T.R. Hughes Boulevard
- You will be given a festival permit for your OPDMD (this will let Festival personnel know that your OPDMD has been authorized for entry into the Festival).
- If Festival personnel determines that you are NOT using a motorized device due to a disability, the device will not be allowed access onto the festival grounds. (Note: if you received a festival permit fraudulently it will be revoked).
- There will be a limited number of Golf Carts – used by Festival Staff & designated vendors for the efficient & safe coordination of the Festival.
- These vehicles will be authorized by the Festival Management.